By Russel Hewawasam
(Lanka-e-News -14.April.2021, 5.55AM) It is almost two years since the brutal Easter Sunday terrorist attack detonated. An acceptable further investigation into the attack to punish the perpetrators is sluggish. It is ridiculous that the government of President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa, which came to power by misleading the country by swearing to punish the perpetrators of the Easter attack, has named the extremist preacher Naufer Moulavi arrested during the good governance (24.04.2019), as the mastermind of the Easter attack.
The current government, instead of conducting further investigations into the Easter crime, is completely misleading the investigation towards the crime. Various threats and intimidation are made against people trying to expose the brutal crime by summoning them to the CID. Such is the case when MP Nalin Bandara was summoned to the CID for quoting a news at a press conference quoted by a correspondent of Lanka e News.
We at Lanka E News must be questioning about that first. As we have revealed, neither Saleh nor Muzammil have sent us any rebuttal or correction of this writing, claiming that the report of the meeting between the current Director of State Intelligence (SIS) Suresh Saleh and Governor Muzammil Saharan in Malaysia was incorrect. At least there is no complaint about this on Facebook or Google Blog. At the very least, no comment has been posted rejecting the Facebook post that published the report.
Lanka e news has immense evidence to prove that the author's report is true. According to Keheliya, if the government's military intelligence had paid salaries to Saharan, then who was the then Chief of Army Intelligence except Brigadier Suresh Saleh? Isn't that a blatant lie that Suresh Saleh claiming has not met Saharan according to his complaint to the CID?
Therefore, the Catholic Church as a whole and the entire Sri Lankan community are insecure until the entire Catholic Church, as well as the Catholic community firmly, understands what to do instead of demanding justice from a criminal.
The people who aided and abetted the genocidal massacres are likely to carry out more such massacres in the country in the near future, using extremist groups for the sake of permanent political power during a period of political transition.
Cardinal Malcolm Ranjith's pro-Rajapakse political leanings diluted the Catholic Church. Conference of Archbishops, including the Cardinal repeatedly appealing and calling on the government to implement at least the recommendations of the Presidential Commission on the Easter attack, before April 21 this year, by issuing a number of announcements and press releases. The government continues to remain silent, treating it as a ploy to deaf elephants.
The vast majority of society thinks that Cardinal Malcolm Ranjith's personal remarks on Easter Sunday targeting former President Maithripala Sirisena are an affirmation of the Rajapaksas' political crisis, existence and desire for power. The cardinal did not criticize the appointment of Maithripala Sirisena as the chairman of the political alliance that Gotabhaya Rajapaksa was contesting for the presidency and contesting the parliamentary elections under that alliance.
There is a good reason for the vast majority of society to unleash insult against Cardinal Malcolm Ranjith. Cardinal Malcolm Ranjith, who is playing a double role, mixed his political preferences with the tragedy of the Easter massacre from the very beginning. He did a great service to make Gotabhaya Rajapaksa President. He never challenged or made harsh criticism of former President Maithripala Sirisena over President Gotabhaya Rajapakse's government's delay and reluctance to do justice.
With the war victory over the LTTE in 2009, why did the then President Mahinda Rajapaksa's government pay the genocidal Saharan with the advice and consent of former Defense Secretary and current President Gotabaya Rajapaksa? Why was intelligence officers deployed to work with them? Why did they aid and support the establishment of extremist organizations under Islamic and Buddhist labels and for what criminal purpose? We as well as society are deeply disappointed that neither the cardinal nor the Catholic Church is seriously questioning this.
It is not entirely fair to punish only those who did not act to prevent the attack. So the hidden hands, the masterminds, the detonators, technical experts and the aided and abetters are safe. Several heads of the Christian security chiefs have provided the Catholic Church with a number of vital pieces of information about the Easter attack. Unfortunately, those priests have not paid any attention to it so far.
During the recent debate on the Easter attack in Parliament, with the approval of President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa and the recommendation of the Leader of the House, Minister Dinesh Gunawardena, former President Maithripala Sirisena, reserved time on the list to wash his sins, lied for an hour about the Easter attack, confirming that he was a liar of Polonnaruwa.
Maithripala Sirisena roared as a Lion in the parliament claiming that he had never known the facts about the Easter attack and that if he had known, he would have informed the cardinal and ensured the security of the Catholic churches and prevented the attack. He spoke in distress in parliament that he was unaware of the attack and he was in worshipping Tirupathi temple from April 16th with his family that he underwent a clinical ICU treatment at a hospital in Singapore until April 21st. He said he would risk his life to respond to a phone call he received during a national disaster such as the Easter attack, reminding us of the lying contest at a new year festival.
He blamed former minister, cabinet spokesperson Rajjitha Senarathne for spoiling his reputation for falsely alleging him for not preventing the attack and due to this he was branded as a criminal before the people.
He pointed out the security forces, including the US president, have been unable to prevent the September 11 attacks in New York, despite receiving intelligence and at no point the US courts punish the then-US President George W. Bush and his defense intelligence heads for not preventing the attack. He also warned that the guilt of a president for such heinous crimes could be a serious crisis for national leaders in the future.
Former President Maithripala, who spoke like a kid in parliament, had distorted all international examples of terrorist attacks to his advantage. We also have some questions to ask former President Sirisena.
1. Former Secretary of Defense Hemasiri Fernando, who was appointed by former President Maithripala Sirisena, told the Presidential Commission that former President Maithripala Sirisena had visited Singapore knowing the attack would take place despite receiving clear intelligence from April 4, 2019. Is that a lie?
2. The former IGP Pujitha Jayasundara said before the presidential commission that Maiithripala Sirisena said “Take responsibility of the attack, I will give an ambassadorial post to a country” before the former Secretary to the President Udaya R. Seneverathne The presidential commission never questioned the former Secretary to the President Udaya R. Seneverathne about this. Why is that ?
3. It was President Maithripala Sirisena who appointed and removed five defense secretaries within five years under a single president, jeopardizing the national security to the bottom. What is the reason for that? (Those so appointed and removed are Uthpala Basnayake, Karunasena Hettiarachchi, Kapila Vaidyarathne, Hemasiri Fernando and General Shantha Kottegoda)
4. Former Chief of the Police Special Task Force (STF) Senior DIG Nimal Lewuke, who was then appointed as the Presidential Security Adviser, said that Nilantha Jayawardena, who was then the Chief of State Intelligence in 2018, was unfit to hold the post and that the security forces should take strong action to curb extremist activities in the East. Had been informed. But instead of removing the extremely weak Nilantha Jayawardena who did not do any serious investigation on Saharan, why did he remove Nimal Lewke, who had a lot of experience in the Eastern Province, from the post of Presidential Security Adviser?
5. On whose interest further investigations into the destruction of Buddha statues in Mawanella, the discovery of the Wanathawilluwa explosives and the murder of two police officers in Vavunathivu, Batticaloa, and the drama conspiracy to assassinate the former president and he then defense secretary and the current president Gotabaya staged by Namal Kumara stopped?
Moulavi Mohamed Naufer, who was (not recognized) 'chosen' by the present government as the mastermind of the Easter attack, was arrested on suspicion by the police during the last good governance tenure. That was on 24.04.2019. Naufer moulavi was arrested and interrogated by the CID and TID for more than a year. He was the only person who directly contributed to nurturing Saharan's extremist views and later withdrew due to internal problems within Saharan's group.
Senior DIG Ravi Seneviratne was in charge of the CID at the time of Naufer Moulavi's detention. SSP Shani Abeysekera, who was also the director of the CID who was illegally imprisoned as soon as President Gotabaya came to power, told the Presidential Commission on Easter Attacks that in addition to those arrested, he believes there must be a mastermind behind the Saharan suicide attempt and a hidden hand. Senior DIG Ravi Seneviratne had given a secret name to the commission in writing regarding the Easter attack and said that the truth could only be revealed by arresting them.
Ravi Seneviratne and Shani Abeysekera, both experienced veteran senior police officers, said that the group who directed the attack, aiding and abetting and punishing those currently in hiding could only stop such brutal massacre in the country in future. Until then, the country's insecurity will continue, they pointed out.
On the basis of what evidence did Minister Sarath Weerasekara suddenly 'choose' Naufer Moulavi as the mastermind? At least the senior DIG in charge of the CID, Ravi Seneviratne, revealed a name to the commission at the time. Does that name match with Naufer Moulavi's name.
Any infant will understand the hasty action behind the Minister in charge of Public Security Sarath Weerasekara is to save the Gotabhaya Rajapaksa government which is being despised by the majority who are demanding justice here in the entire Catholic society.
His statements remind us a past incident that happened during the Premadasa era. This incident is reminiscent of an attempt by the then President Premadasa government to show that the body of Tamil youth who was killed on April 23, 1993 and brought to Kirulapone Mugalan Road to portray as the suspect killer to cover up the assassination of former Minister Lalith Athulathmudali.
By selecting the mastermind of the Easter attack, the Minister of Public Defense Sarath Weerasekera distorted even the records of the FBI of US. He slumped a lie in the parliament saying that under the Ministry of defense the intelligence did not pay wages consciously to Saharan. If so, there would be scapegoat army intelligence paying wages to suicide terrorists? If that scapegoat state intelligence director is Suresh Saleh why was he appointed as the chief of State Intelligence today?
However the minister Sarath Weerasekere mislead the country, the Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa, accepted the fact that during his presidency that his government paid wages to Saharan and his group when he met the chief incumbent of the Getambe temple Keppetiyagoda Siriwimala Thero. (Yeah we paid the salary to get information about what happens to those organizations) Cabinet spokesman Minister Keheliya Rambukwella has publicly accepted the fact during a debate in the TV. The Witnesses, including former Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe and other witnesses, has given so much secret information about this during the Presidential Commission.
it must be pointed out the illegal deals of the few intelligence heads who closely worked with the extremists, aiding and abetting with Saharan cannot undermine the criminal brutal agendas of those by the childish talks of minister Sarath Weerasekara. People should remind Sarath Weerasekere that truth cannot be undermined inside an ocean of blood.
1. Who is the Army intelligence officers who met the extremist named Mohamed Jameel who detonated a bomb at a lodge in Dehiwala mentioned by former IGP Pujitha Jayasundara at the commission before the blast? Where are the investigations?
2. On April 16th 2019 Saharan did a primary explosion by detonating a motorcycle in Kattankudy. Five days later, by what miracle they could detonate in eight locations using a high-powered explosive device? How can such an amateur team carry out a series of technically accurate explosions in a short period of time?
3. Why did Saharan's wife Fatima Sadhiya’s evidence taken by removing the reporters restricting for a day leaving a serious doubt? Why the reporters were not allowed to cover the questioning, is that to hide any truth?
4. Why various statements were made from time to time misleading the country regarding the mysterious disappearance of Pulasthini Mahendran alias Sarah Jasmine?
5. Following President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa coming to power, why the CID officers with experience in investigating the Easter attack and other criminal acts were imprisoned and make emergency transfers?
6. If the Gotabahaya government says there is no mastermind, no vested interest and all the investigations are closed are they ready to start an impartial international inquiry into the brutal Easter attack to justify its accuracy?
7. Why did the Presidential Commission issue a gazette notification banning only a few Muslim extremist organizations when it had recommended banning all extremist organizations, including the BBS and other extremist organizations? What is the future deal of the government with the extremist Bodu Bala Sena organization?
All these ridiculous stories and incidents stated above show that the rulers as well as the clergy of present day Sri Lanka are fooling the people. The world is realizing that President Nandasena Gotabhaya Rajapakse's government is hiding the real culprits by bringing up various topics to prevent the revelation of Easter criminals.
Victims of that barbaric Easter attack, including the innocent Catholic community who are permanently ill, physically and mentally depressed and other people at home and abroad who have been oppressed by the Easter attack and the innocent Muslim communities who have become fake victims, should be reiterated that the expecting justice from the Gotabhaya Rajapaksa regime is going behind a mirage.
The ultimate hope for justice lies only in the direct intervention of civilized international organizations.
Until then, the masterminds who planned the attack are safe. We know that the current government of the country is working with Maithripala Sirisena and others who quietly allowed the massacre to take place when they received information about the attack, aided and abetted extremist organizations, including Islamic extremists, paid with public money.
Isn't Sri Lanka, a country ruled by tyrannical rulers who aided and abetted criminal killings, a dark, tribal country that continues to commit genocide for the political interests of those rulers?
Translated by Robinhood
by (2021-04-14 00:42:49)
Leave a Reply
0 discussion on this news